Another 5k in the books for Montclair Bread Company and Iron Physical therapy! We were so excited to stretch some of our favorite runners, raise money for The Covenant House in New Jersey, and even finish the race ourselves.Read More
This month, we attended the second annual Bison Classic Crossfit Competition in Midland Park, New Jersey - where we will be opening our second location this summer! These impressive athletes showed how strength and recovery go hand-in-hand after being treated with Active Release Technique, Kinesio Taping, and Normatec Recovery Boots!Read More
This local Essex County elementary school principal is a life long athlete! Despite having had knee surgery that brought his active lifestyle to a temporary halt, his positivity is what will get him back to Crossfit, basketball, fishing, and blacksmithing. He is even excited to get back to burpees, after being out for so long!Read More
Onion salt is one of those wonders of the kitchen that can make everything so much easier. Our in-house foodie, Dr. Wortman, swears by it! Here are 7 recipes where Onion Salt shines bright and really adds the kick you’ve been looking for.
#HomemadeAndHealthy with Dr. WortmanRead More
After shoulder surgery, lower back pain, and a knee replacement, Albert still hasn't lost his positivity! In fact, it's what keeps him coming back (and thriving). Read more about our POM's physical therapy journey here.Read More
We are so happy to have attended Montclair Bread Company's 2018 Baker's Dozen 13.1! Some of Iron PT's favorite events to attend are local New Jersey races where we are able to treat runners with techniques like ART, Graston, Kinesio, and even our Normatec Recovery Boots! What's better than a familiar face, recovery, and donuts waiting for you at the half marathon finish line?Read More
Meet Jason, our latest patient of the month!
When life handed him lemons (and back surgery), he made lemonade! After surgery, he was told to take regular walks. Instead of making it something laborious, he made it fun by walking to Starbucks everyday to try out a different drink !
This dedicated gentleman moved through physical therapy without ever missing an appointment. His perfect attendance and hard work helped propel him successfully through rehab!
Watch out, because he's getting back to his favorite workout move, the burpee!
~ Dr. Marnie Wortman, DPT
IN HIS WORDS...
1) List three words to describe you: Determined, friendly, introspective
2) What brought you into physical therapy? Herniated disc and subsequent discectomy
3) How would you describe physical therapy to people who don't know what it is? At Iron PT, you are taught technique and rehabilitative exercises so you can live pain free and continue to do the things you love.
4) What exercise or technique helped you the most? Ice and stim! Love stim!
5) What would you say to someone who is living in pain and putting off physical therapy? The sooner you start, the sooner you'll feel better.
6) What activities are you most excited about getting back to? Crossfit with my wife. She can deadlift more than I can now.
7) What did you enjoy most about your PT experience? Dr. Wortman’s attitude and care. Iron PT is a special place!
Deanna is the new Clinic Assistant at Iron PT! She goes to Montclair University just like Erin! However, she lives in Middletown, NJ and like any real jersey shore girl, her favorite food is trendy & brightly colored. Find out what it is here!Read More