Thanks to another mother runner for this great idea. First off, I'm not a mother but as an active father I thought these questions would be interesting to answer.
1. Best run ever: It was the Atlanta Half Marathon in 2007. We were down visiting my family for Thanksgiving and my brother and I headed to the starting line before the big feast. As I came up the final (huge) hill, I saw my dad cheering me to the finish line just like he had so many times in life. It would be my last visit with him before he passed away, so it's always been a special run for me.
2. Three words that describe my running: Energizing, Motivating, Gratifying
3. My go-to running outfit is: An Adidas Climacool shirt, black shorts, and a visor to manage the abundance of sweat.
4. Quirky habit while running: I always listen to Jimi Hendrix "Star Spangled Banner" at the beginning of my playlist for a run
5. Morning, midday, evening: Always morning! It's a calm time when the day is full of possibility, and it ensures that the run actually gets done.
6. I won’t run outside when: there's ice or freezing rain. There's reflective vests and lights for dark, rain gear for rain, trax for snow, but I'm not willing to bet the odds on ice.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: My wife is always quick to remind me that I've been really blessed when it comes to injuries, but as a physical therapist I do a ton of injury prevention, stretching, cross-training etc. Recently though, I did battle a calf strain that I addressed with Graston and Kinesio. Sometimes it's good to be a physical therapist.
8. I felt most like a badass father runner when: I was whizzing by all the other 5K participants while pushing my one year old in the stroller....Badass!!
9. Next race is: ING NYC Marathon in November 2012
10. Potential running goal for 2013: No Marathons, but I've got my eye on a Half IronMan.