By Meri Mayes So we survived our first 10 days on Paleo!
Me, My Sister (Lis), my BFF (Kerry)
The Plan: 30 days on Paleo starting Oct. 1
We have actually stuck to the plan with virtually NO cheating (except for a tablespoon of Half & Half in our coffee)
- More Energy (if you read my post on organizing, this would be obvious - ha)
- No Stomach Aches...pretty amazing (Kerry and I both had problems before Paleo)
- I feel less hungry overall
- Weight Loss - Kerry lost 8.5 lbs in just under 2 weeks, I lost 1.5 lbs in 10 days, and Lis lost 2 lbs in 10 days. Again, Lis and I are not trying to lose weight so we eat nuts and fruit more freely.
- You must plan ahead! If you forget to pack your lunch or a snack, it can be difficult to find something that's within the plan
- A few cravings! I miss my greek yogurt and peanut butter. Lis misses her flavored coffee creamer. Ker misses her Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
- It took our digestive track a few days to adjust. We did not have any stomach aches (woohoo), but it did take the old intestines a minute to figure out what was happening.
- Not eating nutritious foods like beans, quinoa, milk seems weird
- Cost of food - if you are not used to eating "fresh" then it would be a big adjustment, but ultimately I think it's about the same because you eat out less
What I Eat___________________________________________
- Breakfast: Eggs and Bacon or A piece of fruit with Almond Butter or handful of nuts
- Lunch: leftover dinner or a salad with avocado, veggies, etc.
- Dinner: Roasted or sautéed veggies with chicken, fish, or lean steak; Curried Something; Soup/Chili; Grilled meat over salad; turkey meatballs; nothing too fancy
- Snacks: Nuts, Fruit, vegetables, A yummy smoothie with frozen berries, a little coconut milk, water, and cinnamon - delish.
Any advice for the next 20 days???