Smart, driven, and hard working.
Those are a few words I would use to describe TJ, our patient of the month! TJ's back pain limited him from doing what he loved, so we knew that had to change! His dedication to PT was illustrated through his perfect attendance and great attitude! Never one to shy away from hard work, he truly embodies the "Get Better Be Better" motto!
~Dr. Wortman PT, DPT
IN HIS OWN WORDS...
1) List three words to describe you: Active, Dedicated, Compassionate
2) What brought you into physical therapy? I was dealing with lower back pain at home, at work and every time I worked out. I asked a friend at my CrossFit gym if he recommended any physical therapy places that he personally went to when he needed help with recovery. I really trusted and valued his opinion because he lifts competitively. He told me that he went to Iron Physical Therapy in Midland Park, NJ and it was only 5 minutes away from Crossfit Waldwick. So it was a no-brainier for me to stop by and see what Iron PT was all about.
3) How would you describe physical therapy to people who don't know what it is? Physical Therapy provides you with exercises, techniques and goals to help strengthen a weak part of your body.
4) What exercise or technique helped you the most? What shocked me and surprised me the most is how simple banded movements helped strengthen my lower back and core. They quickly helped strengthen these muscles and reduce pain. They were so simple and easy that I was able to do them at home.
5) What would you say to someone who is living in pain and putting off physical therapy? I suggest you reach out and try it sooner than I did. Unfortunately it took me over a year to book my first PT session. I tried going to a chiropractor, wellness center and even stopped working out. Eventually I went to PT and immediately within a few session I felt a big difference. I was literally at wits end and thought I would be dealing with my back pain forever. What I realized is that it doesn’t hurt to walk in, tell someone about your pain and see what physical therapy has to offer you.
6) What activities are you most excited about getting back to? Running and working out during my WODS without pain.
7) What did you enjoy most about your PT experience? I enjoyed how the staff interacted with me and looked forward to seeing Dr. Wortman at Midland Park. She was very enthusiastic about my progress and was very conscious about asking how I felt or how I was doing each visit. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!